Instead of dying eggs….I dyed cake.
My heart was set on baking carrot cake until I stumbled upon this dessert on Pinterest. It was so much fun to make and absolutely love the Spring colors!!
I was able to make four (4) mini cakes — purchased small boxes from Michael’s and shared these adorable cakes with a couple of my friends kids. Of course, I kept a mini for myself. It was moist & sweet! Hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend : )
- 2 boxes white cake mix
- buttercream frosting
- Wilton food coloring
- Jumbo marshmallows
- pink sparkling sugar
- parchment paper
- round cookie cutter
- pink jelly jeans
- decorating tip
- decorating bag
- Prepare batter from two boxes of White Cake mix and split into four equal portions
- Tint each portion a different color – pink, yellow, purple and blue
- Line a medium sized cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour batter onto cookie sheet. Let it settle on a flat surface for 15 minutes
- Bakes the cakes according to instructions on the cake box
- Let cool
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out the cake layers
- Make a batch of your best buttercream frosting
- Add a circle of frosting between each layer of cake
- Use a Wilton 2D or tip of choice with decorating bag and pipe a full circle onto each cake (as your layer)
- Make the bunny ears with marshmallows and sparkling sugar. Slice or cut two diagonal pieces of marshmallow. Lay the sticky part of marshmallow into the pink sugar.
- Stick the pink marshmallows into ear position and use a jellybean to make your nose.
Note: I swirled one circle along the edge of each layer and one small dollop in the middle. Decorate top layer.