Do you like chewy or hard cookies? My Pop Pop loved hard-crunchy cookies. I prefer a soft chewy center : )
I can’t believe how fast the summer days flew by. Which leads us to my favorite season in 13 days, Autumn! The leaves are starting to change, football officially started, caramel apples arrived and pre-season hockey begins.
The recipe is simple & the glaze makes it extra yummy. Enjoy!
#cidertime #fallflavors 🍁🍎
Recipe by Two Raspberries
1/3 cup room temp butter // I use Earth Balance in the red tub
1/3 cup vegan cane sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup apple cider
1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 TBSP apple cider or water
Pre-heat the oven to 350˚ F
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter (let become room temp and soften if it’s not already) mix in the sugar to the butter, then add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well, place in the fridge for 1 hour (or overnight).
- For tall balls (cylinder shaped tall dough balls instead of the traditional round short ball) and place on the baking sheet (I like to put 6 per sheet)
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-16 minutes. Remove and LET COOL COMPLETELY at least 20-30 minutes before moving them so they can finish baking and setting.
- Mix up the glaze in a small bowl and drizzle over the top of the cookies!