Pear’ing up a few simple ingredients to bake this sweet fruit is simple, light and delectable.
I wanted to make a healthy sweet treat on my day off. It was tempting to add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream but definitely amazing flavors without.
#perfectpear #healthy 🍐
2 Anjou pears, cut into halves – 1/2 cup maple syrup – 1 tsp cinnamon – 1 tsp cinnamon sugar- 1/2 cup maple pecan granola
Bake 375 for 25-30 minutes
Cupcake-a-licious! You can’t be sad while holding a cupcake : )
I have never made angel food “cupcakes”. It was an interesting experience with a sweet outcome. Angel food cake is a delicate & soft dessert, especially as a cupcake. It’s important not to over fill the cupcake liner. I lost a few that were filled slightly below the liner. My suggestion is to use foil liners as well. Be gentle with these little suckers.
The strawberries were roasted and smelled amazing … with a splash of maple syrup and granulated sugar. A summer scent that always makes me smile!
Ingredients: 1 1/4 cup cake flour, sifted – 1 1/2 cup granulated white sugar – 1 1/2 cup egg whites, at room temperature – 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice – 1 tsp cream of tartar – 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract – 1/4 tsp salt – 1/2 teaspoon almond extract – 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced, 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons maple syrup – 1 teaspoon granulated sugar – 1 1/2 cup heavy cream – 2 tbsp sugar – 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract – 2 cups fresh strawberries – 2 tbsp maple syrup – 6 oz strawberry jam; preserve – 2 tsp granulated sugar Optional: red swedish fish valentine heart candy decoration
Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees. Do not spray or butter the pan. In a large bowl, sift together 3/4 cup granulated sugar and all of the flour. In your mixer or another large bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. About 2 minutes. Add the cream of tartar, lemon juice and vanilla extract and salt. Continue to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar. Scrape sides if necessary. Sift the flour mixture (gradually, 1/4 cup at a time), gently fold into the egg whites. Spoon into pan/liners. Reminder: fill 3/4 or slightly less, use your discretion. Bake 350, 12 – 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
Glaze: Place sliced strawberries in a single layer on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle maple syrup evenly followed by sprinkled sugar. Roast strawberries, 400 degrees 10-12 minutes. Berries should be tender and release juices. Place strawberry jam into a bowl, spoon roasted strawberries on top and mix together using a fork. Optional: add a few teaspoons of warm water if the glaze is too thick.
Winter layers, not clothes… dessert!
Chocolate lovers dream. I wanted to try a no-bake; flourless cheesecake. Thanks to Yummiest Food on Pinterest — the texture reminds me of mousse. The layered combination is delicious! ❤️🍫
Baking & Spices
2 1/2 cups
Oreo cookie crumbs
4 (8 oz.) packages
2 3/4 cup
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared 9-inch springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray
- Place in the freezer while you make the filling
- Melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth
- In separate bowl, mix 2 cups heavy cream until soft peaks form, add vanilla extract and continue mixing until stiff peaks form
- Add cream cheese mixture into beaten heavy cream mix on low speed just to combine
- Divide mixture into 2 equal portions in separate bowls
- To the first half of the mixture add melted chocolate and mix on low speed to combine then pour the filling over the crust then second half of the mixture carefully spoon over the top of the chocolate mixture
- Place the cheesecakes in the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least one hour
- In a medium saucepan stir together cream, chocolate and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- To serve cut the cheesecake into slices using a sharp, thin, non-serrated knife. Drizzle chocolate sauce if desired.
As a kid, I used to help my Mom and Grandmom make chocolate chip cookies. We always looked forward to licking the beaters or spoon …. fast forward 30 plus years it’s highly recommended not to eat raw batter….Sigh. Cookie dough is super delicious! When my son was younger, of course he would help stir and pour chocolate chip morsels into the mixture. I’m grateful for the ‘believe in the magic’ memories from my son’s childhood. He always helped prepare milk and cookies on Christmas Eve for Santa too!
Mom and Grandmom would make Tollhouse cookie recipe. I used that recipe for years but eventually tried Crisco’s Ultimate Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. Note: I replace one crisco stick with a regular stick of butter.
Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday and New Year! #milkandcookies #believeinthemagic
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour (I use 1 3/4 cup per their older recipe)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
HEAT oven to 375ºF.
BEAT shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto baking sheet
BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.