Cupcake-a-licious! You can’t be sad while holding a cupcake : )
I have never made angel food “cupcakes”. It was an interesting experience with a sweet outcome. Angel food cake is a delicate & soft dessert, especially as a cupcake. It’s important not to over fill the cupcake liner. I lost a few that were filled slightly below the liner. My suggestion is to use foil liners as well. Be gentle with these little suckers.
The strawberries were roasted and smelled amazing … with a splash of maple syrup and granulated sugar. A summer scent that always makes me smile!
Ingredients: 1 1/4 cup cake flour, sifted – 1 1/2 cup granulated white sugar – 1 1/2 cup egg whites, at room temperature – 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice – 1 tsp cream of tartar – 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract – 1/4 tsp salt – 1/2 teaspoon almond extract – 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced, 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons maple syrup – 1 teaspoon granulated sugar – 1 1/2 cup heavy cream – 2 tbsp sugar – 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract – 2 cups fresh strawberries – 2 tbsp maple syrup – 6 oz strawberry jam; preserve – 2 tsp granulated sugar Optional: red swedish fish valentine heart candy decoration
Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees. Do not spray or butter the pan. In a large bowl, sift together 3/4 cup granulated sugar and all of the flour. In your mixer or another large bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. About 2 minutes. Add the cream of tartar, lemon juice and vanilla extract and salt. Continue to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar. Scrape sides if necessary. Sift the flour mixture (gradually, 1/4 cup at a time), gently fold into the egg whites. Spoon into pan/liners. Reminder: fill 3/4 or slightly less, use your discretion. Bake 350, 12 – 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
Glaze: Place sliced strawberries in a single layer on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle maple syrup evenly followed by sprinkled sugar. Roast strawberries, 400 degrees 10-12 minutes. Berries should be tender and release juices. Place strawberry jam into a bowl, spoon roasted strawberries on top and mix together using a fork. Optional: add a few teaspoons of warm water if the glaze is too thick.
Fall is my favorite season! Gorgeous colored leaves, apple cider, football, hockey, boots…a long list of seasonal favorites that includes soup for the soul.
Inspired by Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Spicy Sicilian Chicken Soup. A warm bowl of deliciousness! I printed a copy cat recipe, doubt it will be “exactly” like theirs. Similar ingredients along with some cooking confidence, it tastes amazing.
Whether you’re a chicken noodle kind of lover, creamy or vegetable soup lover…there’s just something about soup that’s good for your soul.
Ingredients: 3 chicken breasts – 6 to 8 cups of water – one 14.5 oz can chicken broth – 1 yellow onion finely chopped – 3 celery ribs diced – 3 carrots diced – 1 green bell pepper – 2 medium russet potatoes peeled & diced – one 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes – 1/2 cup fresh parsley – 3 garlic cloves pressed or diced – kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste – half box ditalini pasta cooked & set aside
- In a slow cooker add chicken breast, water, chicken broth, onion, celery, carrots and diced tomatoes (whole can with juice), garlic, parsley and 2 teaspoons salt and pepper
- Cook on low for 6 hours, remove chicken breasts and shred, place back in the soup. Add potatoes and pasta, allow to cook/simmer additional hour. Note: I peeled & boiled potatoes, cooled down and slightly mashed for pieces.
- Modified ingredients
- Tastes better the 2nd day : )
Instead of dying eggs….I dyed cake.
My heart was set on baking carrot cake until I stumbled upon this dessert on Pinterest. It was so much fun to make and absolutely love the Spring colors!!
I was able to make four (4) mini cakes — purchased small boxes from Michael’s and shared these adorable cakes with a couple of my friends kids. Of course, I kept a mini for myself. It was moist & sweet! Hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend : )
- 2 boxes white cake mix
- buttercream frosting
- Wilton food coloring
- Jumbo marshmallows
- pink sparkling sugar
- parchment paper
- round cookie cutter
- pink jelly jeans
- decorating tip
- decorating bag
- Prepare batter from two boxes of White Cake mix and split into four equal portions
- Tint each portion a different color – pink, yellow, purple and blue
- Line a medium sized cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour batter onto cookie sheet. Let it settle on a flat surface for 15 minutes
- Bakes the cakes according to instructions on the cake box
- Let cool
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out the cake layers
- Make a batch of your best buttercream frosting
- Add a circle of frosting between each layer of cake
- Use a Wilton 2D or tip of choice with decorating bag and pipe a full circle onto each cake (as your layer)
- Make the bunny ears with marshmallows and sparkling sugar. Slice or cut two diagonal pieces of marshmallow. Lay the sticky part of marshmallow into the pink sugar.
- Stick the pink marshmallows into ear position and use a jellybean to make your nose.
Note: I swirled one circle along the edge of each layer and one small dollop in the middle. Decorate top layer.