Winter layers, not clothes… dessert!
Chocolate lovers dream. I wanted to try a no-bake; flourless cheesecake. Thanks to Yummiest Food on Pinterest — the texture reminds me of mousse. The layered combination is delicious! ❤️🍫
Baking & Spices
2 1/2 cups
Oreo cookie crumbs
4 (8 oz.) packages
2 3/4 cup
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared 9-inch springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray
- Place in the freezer while you make the filling
- Melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth
- In separate bowl, mix 2 cups heavy cream until soft peaks form, add vanilla extract and continue mixing until stiff peaks form
- Add cream cheese mixture into beaten heavy cream mix on low speed just to combine
- Divide mixture into 2 equal portions in separate bowls
- To the first half of the mixture add melted chocolate and mix on low speed to combine then pour the filling over the crust then second half of the mixture carefully spoon over the top of the chocolate mixture
- Place the cheesecakes in the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least one hour
- In a medium saucepan stir together cream, chocolate and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- To serve cut the cheesecake into slices using a sharp, thin, non-serrated knife. Drizzle chocolate sauce if desired.
If you like bananas, this cake is a must try. My son loves cream cheese frosting! Moist, nutty, bursting bananas + the homemade frosting. Scrumptious!
Perfect dessert for any season!! Paula Deen’s Banana Nut Cake Recipe
– 3 cups all purpose flour
– 2 cups sugar
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp salt
– 3 eggs, beaten
– 3/4 cup vegetable oil
– 4 ripe bananas, mashed
– 1 cup chopped pecans (extra for topping)
– 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract + tsp for frosting
– 1 8oz package cream cheese
– 1 cup butter, room temperature
– 1 lb sifted confectioners sugar
Butter and flour 3 (9-inch) round cake pans; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the eggs and oil and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened; do not beat. Stir in the banana, 1 cup pecans and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Divide the batter among the prepared pans and bake for 23 to 28 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake layers in the pans for 10 minutes, and then turn them out onto a rack to cool completely. While the cake cools, make the frosting.
In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese and butter. Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans, or reserve them to sprinkle over the frosted cake. Fill and frost the cake when it is completely cool.
Photo credit: Aimsherway
Recipe: Paula Deen
This chocolatey mousse recipe is a holiday favorite among family, friends & colleagues.
Former colleagues raved about it. How do you make it? Can I have the recipe? Rumor had it a volunteer at work was caught licking her bowl, Lol. I typed the recipe & printed 30 copies to share with everyone.
Definitely a crowd pleaser!
Ingredients: 1 box devil’s food cake. 10 to 14 Skor candy bars. 2 packages chocolates mousse. 1 tub cool whip. 1 cup kahlua
Make devil’s food cake according to directions. Set aside to cool. Once cool, poke fork throughout cake. Evenly pour kahlua into cake holes. Cover cake with plastic wrap and marinate overnight.
Prepare mousse according to package and chill. (I make mousse same night as cake and place in refrigerator). Grind or crush skor bars into small fine pieces. Save bigger pieces and some small pieces to sprinkle on top of trifle.
Grab your trifle bowl — cut or break cake into pieces place one layer into bottom of bowl. Begin layering — spoon mousse on top of cake, next spoon cool whip then sprinkle skor bars around. Repeat layers. Decorate the top to your liking …I prefer finishing with cool whip and skor pieces on top. Keep chilled.